Saturday, June 30, 2012

Adams' Family Reunion 2012

Today was the Adams' Family reunion at the Jordanelle State Park near Heber, Utah.  It began early this morning but I talked David into going later.  I just can't handle being outside that long in the heat with not enough things to do to keep my mind off the heat.  So we came after 2:00 p.m.  
The last time that Hyrum saw Steve and Barbara, he was a baby.  I saw Barbara first so I introduced him to her.  Then I saw Steve so I brought Hyrum over to him and said, "This is your Grandpa."  He said in the cutest voice, "I didn't know that."  Steve picked him up and Hyrum immediately put his head on his shoulder.  They were instant friends.  For the rest of the day and evening, I often heard coming from Hyrum's mouth, "Where's Grandpa?"  It was seriously sweet, since there was no way he could have remembered his last meeting with this man.  All my children absolutely adore my father so it was really sweet to see Hyrum open up, all on his own, to Grandpa Adams.
Some of our conversations went like this:
Me:  "Hyrum, do you want to go play by the water?"
Hyrum:  "No, I want to go see Gwandpa."
....
After getting dinner and sitting down, Hyrum points to his meal and drink and says: "After I eat this and dwink this, I go see Gwandpa."
Hyrum: "I go tell Gwandpa somefing."

 Then it was time to play on the boat!
 I don't know if there was anything that boys have ever done that was as fun as this for them.  There were so many squeals and yelling of, "This is  AWESOME!" coming out of the older boy's mouths.
I stayed on the boat and rode most of the time in the front of the boat.  I hadn't felt that much peace in a long time.  This may sound odd, but I honestly had an amazing spiritual experience as I lay there in front of the boat, completely relaxed.  All I was doing was taking in God's creations on the water.  Water seems to be very soothing to me lately.  The pool has been like that for me lately.  A little odd, since I used to have some fear of water....
 
I should have taken more pictures of the actual reunion and the people there but, well, I didn't.  Maybe next time.

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Too cute with Hyrum ")Not being around anything but God's creations IS a peaceful, beautiful thing, I miss the mountains,I love the mountains, lakes and odd as it may seem to others but, I catch myself in Awe a lot of times driving home on the interstate from school in good ole' Oklahoma at the beautiful green trees rolling hills and wide open spaces. What a wonderful place we have to live in. Sweet to feel that peace Huh ") Love you

Tricia said...

Looks like a FUN reunion. Can I join your family?:) I love seeing all the great times your family is having! That little Hyrum would melt anyones heart...