Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Evening Activities

 Thursday night David and I went with Stephen and Holly to the Scera Shell Outdoor Theatre to watch The Wizard of OZ musical.  When David and I lived in Orem, before we moved to Oklahoma, we lived next the Scera and received free tickets to go to the summer play to make up for all the traffic and parking on the streets.  When we moved, Helen stayed in the basement apartment of that house we were renting.  She still receives these free tickets every summer.  She thought it would be nice for us all to go on a double date.  I am not one for plays and especially not musical plays but it was sweet of her to think of us.  She, of course, also offered to watch the boys.  I love that she does that.  I don't even have to ask.  So here we are during the intermission....David and I (the Okies used to blazin' heat!) not even thinking of using the blankets we were sitting on for cover next to Stephen and Holly all bundled up even though they have lived in cold Utah for years.  Seems it would make more sense that we were the ones freezing and they burning up :)
 One of the events we get to go to with the Pass of all Passes is the Blaze games.  I stayed home (surprise, surprise!) but I will try to explain the pictures.  The Blaze is a part of the Arena Football League (AFL).  It has quite a few different rules to regular football but David was really entertained.  The Quarterback, Tom Grady, set a record tonight with the most touchdown passes in a single season. 
 Christine and Mike met David and Levi at the game.  Every time I see that girl, I can't get over how beautiful she is.....and how she NEVER ages!  She is going to be 30 this year and she looks like she could pass as a high schooler!
David also got some brother time while Levi got cousin time tonight.  Levi was so cute coming home tonight with his poster signed by some of the Blaze players.  I can remember when I used to love autographs too :)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

What are you NOT doing this summer??? You guys are having too much fun. It is great to see you guys enjoying UTAH:) Hey - the weather is cooling down this week so it should put a big smile on your cute face:)")")