Thursday, June 7, 2012

Certian Subjects

A couple of times a week we have a neighbor friend, Katie, come over so her grandpa can have a break while Momma is at work.  I absolutely love her and so does Hyrum. 
So we were at Pet Smart today when we went back to the area where the dogs are all kept in this big room.  All of a sudden Katie yells, "EWWWWWW!  That dog is humping the other dog!"  Katie is 8.  
I am not that type of parent who is embarrassed or afraid to tell their children about sex.  David has had "the talk" with Levi and Brigham and I have had to tell them about same sex attractions after a certain neighbor boy called Brigham gay.  I hate that we have to tell them at such a young age, but that is the world that we live in.  But it also makes me so grateful for their innocence.  My boys didn't know about dogs humping or sex because of the life style that we have chosen.  We don't let them watch anything above PG and I have even said no to a certain number of those ratings also.  I don't let them spend the night with other people, other than family.  I am always with them when they are outside.  Protective, yes......over protective, maybe so.  
A little over a month ago, some kids here broke one of the trees on the property.  A few weeks later some kids were caught burning paper outside.  I laughed at myself when I found out about these incidents.  The management on this property can never accuse my boys of doing such things because I am always with them.  At the same time, I am always the only parent out on the playground......what does that say about me and not letting my boys out of my sight?  I just might be over protective.  That is ok, though.  I really like being the neighborhood mom.  On several occasions I have had children come up to me to fix a certain problem, both while we are outside and even when we are at home.  I like knowing they can trust me.  Brigham even asked me today why I was so nice to all the kids.
I write about all of this, but my boys are typical boys in many ways, however.  They think all things booty, penis, and slapstick humor is just hilarious.  I have had them tell me that their penis' tickle followed by uncontrolled laughter after going over a big dip in the road.
But the whole reason why I really wanted to document life today was because of something Hyrum said to me today while he was on the toilet. While he was messing with one of his testicles he said, "Did you know there are rocks in there?"  Oh my goodness!  I didn't know whether to giggle or just think he is the cutest thing in the world!  I then told him what they really were and he asked me if he needed it to stay alive.  I then had to explain to my 4 year old about reproduction.....fun stuff....


No comments: