Saturday, June 16, 2012

Okie Friend Saturday

 This morning Tricia and I headed off to Draper to meet our Okie friend, Renee Roberts, at Kneaders.  Kneaders has wonderful food and many people come for their all you can eat French Toast.  Seriously, its some good stuff!  They are also unique for their home decor that they sell.  Here were some of our favorites....it is always a party with Tricia around ( "Welcome"ing Renee to Utah)!
Renee was here for a few days taking her daughter, Amanda, to BYU.  It was so sweet to watch her get so emotional about taking her oldest daughter to college.  I truly love having boys but there are times like these that I do wonder what I am missing out on, as I witness the love these women have for their daughter/best friend relationships.
Today was also Elder Grigg's wedding reception in North Ogden.  He is another missionary that served in Oklahoma that I just can't call by their first name.  Maybe in time :)  I love this picture because it shows just how much Hyrum has grown since Elder Grigg was a missionary in Grove.  Elder Grigg was Hyrum's favorite missionary.  The second Elder Grigg would walk through our door, Hyrum was by his side saying, "Hide and Seek?"  Before Elder Grigg could even answer, Hyrum was off hiding (usually in plain sight!).  I told his wife, Kortnee, tonight that Hyrum was the reason I knew Elder Grigg would be a wonderful father someday.
Today was a wonderful day spent with Okie friends in Utah :)

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I just love my Oakie friends:) What a fun morning. Thank you so much for sacrificing your hubby who spent the entire day to help us with our van. Seriously a blessing!!! We love you guys so much!!!

The Bass Family Pond said...

Geeze... I sure miss my Oakie friends too ") Looks like fun!You all are my Oakie friends you know even tho' two of you moved off you will always be my Oakie friends and I love you all too ")