Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wake Up!

It seems the 4th of July has snuck up on me.  We usually aren't around family during this holiday and we usually just end up going to some firework display provided by the city we are living closest too...but still, it snuck up on me.  Usually, I make sure that the FHE before the 4th is about our veterans or our nations birth.  So today I am thinking, wow, it's tomorrow.  Time flies sometimes.  Sometimes it seems a blur.  Kinda like this summer so far.

The kids have been out of school for a month now and it wasn't until this last week that I finally got myself in gear and put some standards down for the boys...our summer schedule.  Yeah, with 3 boys obsessed with electronics, if you don't have a schedule...well, they will pretty much be stuck playing on games all day long.  
What got me going was something Brigham said last week.  He has guitar lessons every Wednesday.  The lessons are his idea and the boy that teaches him is real laxed so it isn't something we are pushing him with.  On Tuesday of last week, I told Brigham that he needed to practice a little bit before Nate got here the following day.  He kind of groaned, which surprised me.  After a little bit of playing he says to me, "Mom, I don't think I want to play the guitar anymore."  I said, "What?  You have begged us for quite some time for this."  He said, "Yeah, but I'm thinking it is wasting my time."  

What?!!!  Oh no he didn't!

All I can think is, what "time" can possibly be waisted in an 8 year old's life.  I mean, really?!  He just didn't want to be pulled off the computer,Wii, 3DS, or whatever.  Yeah, that pretty much kicked me in gear and there is only 2 parts of the day that they get to do those things now.  Yep, it is time to use our imagination, do summer homework, and work out at the gym (though, the oldest boys really love the gym part).

Time to get moving Alisa!  On the bright side, I have lost about 5 pounds since "waking" up myself :)

No comments: