Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

We all woke up sick yesterday.  That never happens.  We always get sick, with different symptoms, at separate times.  We pretty much all had a sore throat, runny nose, and cough.  Yuck.  Nothing like a summer cold to last through the Fourth of July at 108 degrees.  As you can imagine, the kids didn't care and still wanted to do stuff while us adults were just fine with laying in bed all day!

I had a horrible time sleeping last night.  Up off and on until 4:00 this morning so my wonderful husband let me sleep in while installing Pandora on our new TV in our bedroom.  He said he did it for me because he knows I have bad dreams if I sleep to long.  So he turned on the Christian music and I gladly slept until......2:00 p.m.!

I finally got myself up and we tried to get to a pool but they were all closed.  It was hot as it was but with us not feeling well, it just felt like we were sweating constantly....even in our airconditioned home.  So we went to Hometown Buffet and...
...their airconditioning wasn't working!
It was so hot that we didn't eat much.  Brigham didn't even finish his steak, which is quite something for the carnivor of our children.  I ate maybe half of my piece of cake and thought I was going to lose it.
I had to take a picture of Hyrum's "volcano."  Last week Daddy took the boys to Hometown Buffet by himself and didn't know that you have to make Hyrum's mashed potatoes a certain way or a meltdown will occur.  Woopsie.  But as you can see in this picture, his Jello was melting.  Even the icing on my cake was sliding off the cake.  I still can't believe we made it as long as we did there.

On the way home, Brigham's asthma started acting up and Daddy had the wonderful idea of us all climbing in Mommy and Daddy's bed...
...and watching, what better than, America's Funniest Videos!
Here is Levi and Brigham cracking up right after a boy racked himself with a yo-yo.  Ah, boy humor.

So we are hoping we will see some fireworks  outside our windows because we ain't goin' nowhere!

No comments: