Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 2 of Okie Vacation

So, yesterday was much more relaxed than Thursday.  On Thursday I was so happy to see all my family but with us getting in late and getting lost, each visit was way too short.  Yesterday was all about visiting family and friends with no hurries.  

I woke up after 8:00 a.m. feeling a huge headache but so very refreshed.  It was raining outside and April was outside already with most of the kids on the porch.  Even if it didn't produce my Oklahoma thunderstorm/lightning type of rain that I love so much, it still was very relaxing.  
(Robin, Alisa, and Spring) 
Later, Robin Gault and Spring Houck met me at La Casita De Martin in Grove to have lunch.  It was so nice!  Anna Gibson was suppose to meet us but she ended up having a house closing, so I missed out on that but we still had a great time just talking and laughing.  Laughing with them really made me miss Oklahoma humor, that is for sure!  After that, I spent a couple of hours with Grandma and Grandpa at The Villa.  Honestly, I loved everything about today but this was my favorite.  I have said for a while that while I was in Oklahoma that my main priority was Grandma and as much as I loved seeing her yesterday, it was real hard to really be with her with so many people there at the same time.  But yesterday, for the most part, it was just me and her while Grandpa went home to take a shower and take care of a few things.  I loved just talking with her.  It felt like before I moved from Oklahoma.  I have always had a special relationship with my Grandmother and so I would come by with the boys before Nanny and Poppy night so we could visit and they could be with their great grandparents.  Being with her today, and then later when Grandpa came back, I realized just how much I missed it.   
(Jolayne, April, Alisa, and Becky)
 Levi was having a Nanny/Poppy night so April and I left for Vinita to meet the Bass family at Pizza Hut.  It was a surprise party for Becky who recently turned 30.  Becky (Bass) Emro lives in Idaho, so it was such a fun coincidence that she happened to be visiting Oklahoma during the same time I was.  There were many more people at her party than this picture shows but these are the girls I grew up and documenting it made me feel a little young again, I have to admit :)
And I wanted to end with the funniest picture of the night, Rose and I!

I know what I am about to write is really inappropriate but in my defense, I was really young when I did this....oh, what am I kidding.  I still think it is dang funny!

When I was growing up, Rose was my "best adult friend" as I used to say.  I loved her very much, as did she me.  She was so good to me and in turn, was also very good to my friends.  One of my friends, Val, she especially liked.  One day, Val and I came to Vinita to have dinner with Rose.  We met at this very Pizza Hut.  Valerie and I LOVED to embarrass Rose.  So we started to act like we were lesbians.  We embarrassed her so badly, as she lived in this town and we didn't.  For quite some time after that we teased her about "Lesbian Hut."  So here I am tonight with Rose at Pizza Hut and we just start cracking up as we remember how immature I was.  But Rose, being the fun friend that she has always been, still did a photo prop for me to remember the old times.  What a good sport! 

Just another wonderful day in Okieland.

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

It was so neat to see all your posts from when you came home to visit. You look so happy to see family and friends. It brought such sweet memories to my mind. I'm so glad we got to meet together, even tho' jut for a little while. I will never forget you, and the Sweet Spirit you had when I first met you at church. Love you....Great posts, Great Fun ")

Char said...

That last picture was so romantic. I bet it made David jealous.