Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 5 in Okieville

Today was our last full day in Oklahoma.

 (Top:  Steven, Spencer, Dad, Mom, Amanda, and April
Bottom:  Logan, Brent, Leonard, Elton, Levi holding Layne, Allie, Shaylee, and Marissa)

And fun it was!  We went to Little Blue in Disney.  This is probably the activity that I wanted to do the most while out here because this is where my sanity was kept in check during the last summer we lived in Oklahoma.  It was so incredibly hot that summer and the only real relief we had was in little Blue.  The water is so cold and clear.  Just love this place!

(Jasia, Amanda kissing Alisa, Amy, Katie, and April)

We also had some old time friends come by from church.  Just as the Roberts came to be with us, it started raining.  And it rained hard!  So I didn't get a picture of them but I sure did have a great time relaxing with my family and friends.  I think my biggest joy was listening to Levi as he got into the water and went out farther and farther.  He was seriously so excited to be there in that cold, familiar water.

(Levi, Grandpa, and Grandma)

After going to Little Blue, Levi and I made our last round to see Grandma and Grandpa in Grove.  Levi still wears his OU hoodie that he got YEARS ago from Grandma and Grandpa.  As you can imagine, it is falling apart.  So while I stayed with Grandma, Grandpa took Levi to Wal-Mart to buy him some new OU stuff.  He just loves his Oklahoma stuff!

It turned out to be a lot harder to say goodbye to Grandpa and Grandma than I expected.  That fear of not seeing someone again really hurts.  In that moment of hugging them, I wanted to remember everything.  Even how they felt when I hugged them.  I guess getting older just makes you more aware of how precious time is; especially when it is spent with those you love.


Later tonight we had Family Home Evening with all the family that could make it.  Even the Whitney family came, which was real special since Levi always referred to the Moore's cousins as our cousins...even if the Whitney's were related through marriage.  Love that because he doesn't get the whole aspect to family unity, when it comes to the genealogical part of it.  He just knows they are around us enough that they have to be family.  And he's right, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a Sweet time you got to have with your family. So glad you got this time, you look great and happy. Great Pics ")