Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 3 in Okieland

Today started off with sleeping in and April waking up with a headache this time!  Too much fun...that is all I have to say!

(Back: April, Grandpa, Dad holding Spencer and Layne, Steven, Amanda and Mom
Front:  Shaylee, Allie, Logan, Levi, and Elton)

At noon, Logan had a birthday party at the O'Dair's apartment in Grove.  It felt weird without Grandma, to be honest, but I couldn't focus on it for too long as I watched Logan get so excited about each part of his party.  After that April, her kiddos, and Levi then went to Grand Lake Villa to see Grandma before meeting some friends at Braums.

(Corrie, Alisa, and Joshua)

Out of all my friends that I have got to visit so far, Corrie Drake has been the one who I haven't seen in the longest.  When she walked in, I seriously was so excited because I didn't think she was going to be able to make it.  As usual, she still had that sweet smile and laugh that I love so much about her.  And I loved seeing her cute little family.


(Alisa, Laura, April, and Val)
Corrie couldn't stay long, but Laura Snow and Valerie Wiley met Amanda, April, and I at Braums to enjoy some ice cream.  This is the second time that I have got to see Laura since we graduated high school.  I love seeing all my friends but there is something so special about seeing someone you haven't seen in so long...especially if that someone is one of your oldest and dearest friends.  She just makes me happy.  Can you tell from this picture?!  Later, Laura drove us to Disney (for memory sake) and we laughed so hard that I KNEW I would pay for it later in headaches but it was so worth it to me.  All my life, it seems I have picked friends that are funny, witty, and very outgoing.  That just isn't me.  It took people like Laura and Valerie to bring me out of my shell.  To make me not so serious.  By the time I was in high school, my friends had taught me not to be so hard on myself.  I will always love them for that.

(top:  Laura, Pounce, Marlana, Robyn, and Shaunda
bottom:  April and Alisa)

Later I was able to meet at El Vallarta with some of my other high school friends.  We often meet here when I come in town and I look forward to it EVERYTIME I come to Oklahoma.  They always make me feel young as we reminisce on old times and the stupid stuff we did and said.  They were joking how, other than Laura and I, they never could get out of Jay.  Laughing that they were stuck there forever.  But in all seriousness, they may never have left, but there is something special about a small town in the Bible Belt.  There are people that surround you that would do anything for you, if you were in need.  And though some of us haven't seen each other in years, when we get together it seems as if no time has been lost.  I truly love all these girls.

(Shaylee, Elton, Allie, and Levi)

When we came home tonight, April helped the kids set up a "tent" in the living room.  As I am typing I am listening to her under the tent singing with them, "I Love To See The Temple."  I just love my family's desire to be together.  To make that effort to make memories.  I have felt so very blessed through this trip.  Tomorrow I get to see my old church family, visit Grandma, and spend the rest of the day with Mom and Dad.  I am soooooo looking forward to just laughing with Dad.  He loves the same stupid humor that I do in TV and I can't wait just to be lazy with him on the couch and laugh, laugh, laugh :)




No comments: