Thursday, July 25, 2013

Vacationing With Levi

Very early this morning, we headed to San Francisco to the airport so Levi and I could head off for a 5 day visit to Oklahoma.  I couldn't sleep last night so I had been up since sometime after 1:00 a.m.  I had been waiting for this for some time now.  I, of course, want to see all my family and friends but after Grandma got so sick, all I can think about is getting out to see her.  Levi has been waiting for his "vacation" for what has seemed like forever to him.  I woke him up at 4:00 a.m. and he said, "FINALLY!  My vacation can start!"  He didn't even seem groggy!  Just goes to show that when you are excited, well, you are excited!

So now I am sitting at April and Elton's computer and sooooooo very tired so this post is going to be quick.  Me Need Sleep!

April picked Levi and I up at the airport with her kiddos and after a delayed flight, getting majorly lost on the way home, and getting pulled over by a cop...

(Poppy holding Layne, Shaylee, Nanny with Allie in front, Elton, Alisa, and Levi)

...we finally made it to Nanny and Poppy's house!

(Back: Amanda, Levi, Shaylee, Alisa, April
Front:  Allie, Elton, Me-Maw, Logan, and Spencer)

Then it was to The Villa to see Grandma and Grandpa.  I never saw her in the hospital, so I can only go off what everyone else has said but I know this has not been an easy ride for her.  She was so very sick.  We were all so scared and to walk in and see her like this was such a blessing.  Levi and I are so blessed to be able to fly out and be with her while she is recovering.

(Alisa, April, Terice, and Amanda....with Terice's husband, Glenn, hiding in the back!)

Terice came by while we were at The Villa so I thought it was time for me and my sisters to take a "selfie" with our old Young Women's leader :)
After there we went to a grocery store and finally had dinner.  I think it was around 9:00 p.m. at this point.  But I couldn't get in bed just yet.  I had to see my Uncle Chuck!

(Levi, Chuck, and Shaylee)

So now it is 15 minutes until midnight and I am out!

1 comment:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

I am not surprised that you and April got lost on the way home from the airport at all. Silly girls. I am so sad that we miss you by a week. I hope you have a great visit with your family and have lots of fun for me.