Sunday, July 14, 2013

Birthday Boy

After tossing and turning most of the night, I have decided to just give in at 4 in the morning and just get up and journal on the blog.  Darn Tracy allergies!
 
Every year, we have birthday parties for the boys.  Always making a big deal with their friends.  This year, with being in a new place and not making as many friends as usual, I just felt that we should not have "parties" this year.  I thought I would hear complaining but not one of them did when I explained that instead of parties, they could pick what ever they wanted to do and we would do it.  Whew! 
 
Brigham knew right away that he wanted to go see a movie with Daddy.  Man, he is in love with his father!  The other day I was at Brigham's baseball practice when another player's mom started talking to me about how certain children just got along better with her and the others her husband.  She said she didn't worry about it and just looked at it as a great thing that she knew each of her children had someone they felt comfortable enough to talk with just about anything.  After talking to her, I decided to look at things like she did in this area.  To many times I have worried about mine and Brigham's relationship and tried to force time spent with him when really all he wants is Daddy.  He has always been like that.  Even as a baby, he preferred Daddy.  I think it all started with those long nights in Rexburg when Daddy would walk the sidewalks of our apartment complex with our colicky Brigham.  And only he could find that perfect way to hold Brigham that kept his binky in his mouth so that we could get some sleep.  To this day, I can picture David in our bed holding Brigham that perfect way to keep him tucked in tight with that binky...I still don't know how he slept liked that.  I guess when you are sleep deprived, you will sleep any way you can!
 
So this morning, after the older boys and Daddy got back from camping, we did some shopping and then Daddy took Brigham to see Despicable Me 2.  When they came back we had Domino's pizza, at Brigham's request, while watching Sonic X cartoons via Netflix.
 Then it was time for some water fun!
I went ahead and asked some neighbors to come over and have cake with us before Brigham opened some birthday presents.  The night was peaceful and a perfect temperature so we spent the remainder of the evening with the adults talking on the grass while the boys and the neighborhood kids played on their bikes and baseball.
 
I think Brigham's birthday turned out quite nice.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Brigham! Sounds like you guys had a fun day :)