Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 4 in Oklahoma

Today I was greeted by Spring, just outside of the church, with the yummiest of yummies.  Her famous truffles!


Spring knows how much I love her homemade truffles.  She made these for me right before we moved from Oklahoma to Utah so it was so sweet of her to do it again while I was visiting.  Spring is always thinking of others like this, so it didn't surprise me that she would do this for me but it still was such a wonderful treat.  They are seriously good!

Mom and I just stayed for sacrament meeting this morning before we left to spend a couple of hours with Grandma and Grandpa.  It is always fun to come back home to my church family as they are so genuinely happy to see me.  As much as I wanted to stay and soak in their happiness, I wanted to get to the Grand Lake Villa to spend as much time there as possible before April had to pick me up after church was out.  Grandpa was teasing me like he always does and Grandma was positive about her improvements.

Levi and I spent most of the day at Nanny and Poppy's house.  We had Dad's spaghetti (Levi and I only eat spaghetti Poppy's way) and ate way too much junk food.  I fell asleep on Dad's lap, which was incredibly relaxing as he played with my hair.  He is so service oriented like that and I just love him for it.  When I woke up Mom, Dad, and I watched the Big Bang Theory while Levi played the Wii.  It went by too fast because before we knew it, it was time for dinner so we headed off to April's for dinner.

Pounce ended up coming over while Levi, Uncle Elton, and the older kids played Monopoly.  We try to stay away from electronics in our home on Sunday's, so it was nice to have Levi occupied with that while April, Pounce and I jabbered :)  I know I wasn't being the best example to Levi as I did those other things at Nanny and Poppy's house (though I want to make it clear that I don't feel there is anything wrong with other families spending their Sundays in different ways.  You should always do what is best for YOUR family, not what is best for others) but I just really wanted to laugh with my Mom and Dad.  And laugh we did!

Anyways, back to Pounce.  That too was so nice.  Talking with her and April, we went into a lot of different discussions that involved our life experiences.  Each of us have experienced heart aches.  But these heart aches shaped us into the people we are today.  Good or bad, we are a product of those heart aches and how each of us reacted to it.  Certain life experiences can break people but it can also make others more sympathetic to those around them because they know so much heart ache.  I just pray that I am the latter.  


2 comments:

Char said...

You can NOT call that Spaghetti!

Adams said...

Hahahahaha! David LOVES your response!