Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Levi Wisdom

This is going to be my favorite post...maybe ever. I was at the computer looking up a free code to Redbox when Levi came up to me and asked, "What if Jesus dropped something?" Levi mixes up words in his sentences and doesn't speak very clearly sometimes so I thought that maybe I misunderstood him. "What do you mean...what if Jesus dropped something? Do you mean, when He was on Earth, if He dropped something then?" He told me no that he meant from the clouds or sky (can't remember which one he said). You know, from Heaven. Kids take things so literal; I forget that sometimes. I'm assuming he is talking about the above picture and tell him that when he sees those pictures of Jesus in the clouds that it is portraying Jesus in the Second Coming...when He comes again. That is when I realize that I'm not sure that he knows that Jesus will come to Earth again so I ask him, "Did you know that Jesus will come to the Earth again?" I wish I could capture the look on his face at that moment and put it on this blog entry. He had the most excited, surprised look on his face and said, "No! He's coming here?!" I think he thought that Jesus was coming to our house sometime soon so I began to tell him that Jesus is not really in the clouds, that the picture is to remind us that He will come to Earth again but that we have to be ready. That we have to good..to be worthy of His coming. Once I said "worthy" I was for sure that I had lost him but he began to tell me how he wanted to get everyone in his bed and something else. I didn't understand what he was saying. I asked him who everyone was and he said, "Shaylee and Elton and Brigham and Hyrum...well, Hyrum is too little to get up in my bed." I asked him why and he said that they could all play and that it would be a nice thing to do.
Maybe that doesn't seem like much wisdom to most but it taught me how simply "being nice" to someone really can be. How simple being kind can be. Is it really as simple as inviting people you love over? Just as simple as enjoying someone; letting them know that you love them? I love my little Levi so much and once again, he has taught me something...reminded me of who I should be.

2 comments:

ryan and berni said...

Isn't it great that we have kids to remind us of what life is really about? I want to show people that I love them too. Alisa, I love you and miss you!!

The Clews Crew said...

That is so sweet. I swear that kids teach me so much more than I teach them. What a simple, wonderful thought. I want to go be nicer now.