Saturday, December 19, 2009

This week has been a busy one for us. It's the last week of school before Christmas break which of course mean tons of activities. I made myself say no to a few of them because of the sicknesses in our house but I'm happy to say that the things that I did attend were fun and I was able to remember that it was indeed Christmas! Here are a few pictures of our adventures at school.
Here is Levi getting his birthday spankings from Mrs. Eberle!
Brigham's Christmas party. I truly enjoyed the girls in his class. In both Levi and Brigham's classes I have volunteered enough that when the class see me they immediately yell my child's name and then tell them that I'm there. This day was super fun for me because for some reason the girls just flocked to me. I don't get much girl time so it was super sweet to have these little girls around me and to have them actually miss me when I left! One of my favorite comments made at the party was from a boy named Nathaniel (the boy at the bottom left of picture). He asked me if Hyrum (Daddy and Hyrum were there for part of it before they had to head off for Levi's Christmas party) was allergic to anything. I told him no and he said, "I'm allergic to something but the teacher says that I'm not allergic to anythng." I said, "Oh yeah...what are you allergic to?" He told me he was allergic to poison ivy. I tried not to giggle as I told him that most of us were allergic to poison ivy.
One of my favorite things I did this week was volunteer during Levi's movie day. The 1st grade classes went to see The Princess and the Frog at our local movie theater. I sat next to Levi and was impressed that my row of kids did very well. Not because of me; they were just well behaved kids. They each got a bag of popcorn and pop. One of my favorite comments that I overheard was, "Kashina, if you drink the ice there is more pop in there!"
I was constantly reminded that all children really want is positive attention. Those girls in Mrs. Goff's class made that real clear to me. In Mrs. Eberle's class, while she was away at the teachers Christmas party, me and 2 other women helped while the kids did lots of crafts. I only did this for 2 hours and I was quickly reminded how grateful I am for Mrs. Eberle being Levi's teacher and not me! They are a bunch of good kids but it definitely is not my calling in life to teach! One of our projects included the use of glitter (never again!). As I was trying to sweep it up the boys just wanted to help. So I made a big deal about how strong they were when they moved the chairs. That lead to moving the chairs with one hand high in the air and others trying to get as many chairs as they possibly could as they pushed them aside for me to sweep. All they wanted was positive attention. So simple....taught once again by a child.

No comments: