Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Game night with Bubba

I grew up in a house that played games a lot....loud games! It didn't matter if it was Charades, we would find a way to make it loud! My mother stopped playing games with Dad and the kids long ago once she realized we could not play a game without making her head hurt. I guess my love for games stuck with me when I married David. In Rexburg we had many a "game nights" where we would invite other couples over to our apartment. Something happened though once we moved from there and pretty much the only time we played games were when my family visited or when we went to Oklahoma for a visit. Kinda sad but it's true. But Uncle Bubba was in from Utah and so a game night was in order tonight!April and I decided to have it at her house since it's bigger and they have more games and that we would each provide for the dinner that night. She requested my hoagies but said she had one request; more meat. I'm not much of a meat eater so any recipe that I use I almost always cut back on what is called for in the meat department. Every Sunday our family gathers at one of our houses to have lunch together after church. So once a month everyone comes to our house and yes, usually not a lot of meat is served in what ever dish I have when it is my turn to cook! So I thought I'd give April a good dose of her daily meat! I brought this sandwich just for her.....a whole package worth of deli meat....10 oz. of it!

The kids played with each other and watch movies while we played games. The first game was fun because.....ok, I'm notorious for cheating! Whats funny is that I only do it with my family or people I am very close to. I always justify it by doing it right in front of everyone. I mean, how is it really cheating if everyone knows your doing it, right? Well, that is what I tell myself! The second game we played took FOREVER! The poor kids came out from watching a show and crashed on the couch with Bubba and Auntie.

I wish I would have gotten a good picture of the winning. Elton is a genius when it comes to games and always wins. We were playing Trivia Pursuit Pop Culture and he (David and I were on his team but I say "he" because it wasn't like we were any help!) had all pie pieces within a quarter of the time of the whole game except for one....the "fad" section. It was so funny to watch April and Ronald slowly catch up and pass us and Elton went crazy! But he pulled through and we were on the last question when I of all people actually had the winning answer....even though it still was a guess! April tacked Elton afterwards and yelled, "How do the stars always align for you!"
Thank you family for bringing out the gamers in all of us!

No comments: