Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Levi!

Today was Levi's 7th birthday. It's hard to believe that Levi will have the choice of being baptized next year. If there ever was a child worthy of baptism it is my baby boy. Yes, any mother would say that. I'm telling you though, it's true.Uncle Bubba lives in Utah now but he flew in yesterday for Christmas so it was a wonderful addition to our usual birthday squad!
Nanny made Levi's birthday cake and if you know her, you know she makes beautiful cakes (she has done a many wedding cakes, including mine and David's cake) but this is not one of them! But Levi wanted a Hulk cake and Nanny knew that what he really wanted was a cake that had The Hulk action figures on it. She got off easy this time with not having to make it pretty....though I have a feeling it cost her much more money this time!

Hyrum got tired of waiting for us to get him a piece of cake so he stole his own pieces!

Levi wanted Bakugan s for his birthday...I never imagined he would get so many! I think we ended up counting 23...and it's not even Christmas yet! I know Brigham is getting some also so I can't imagine just how many of these Bakugan balls are going to rolling around our house come Christmas! Don't you just love this picture...true joy!

The game we decided to play involved cotton balls and Vaseline. On one end of the rug I laid out the cotton balls. Then I put a dab of Vaseline on their noses. On the other end of the rug were separate bowls. The object was for the kids to get the cotton balls to stick on their noses without them using their hands and then race over to their bowl and put the cotton balls in them...but they can't use their hands to get the cotton balls off their noses! We ended up letting them use their hands on the bowls, though, to help them get going a little better.


I love this boy of mine. Before the game started I told them that their would be a prize at the end. When they were through with the game I told them that I didn't want there to be just one winner. Levi spoke up and said, "They can have one of my Bakugans." This is typical Levi. He amazes me all the time. He didn't have to give up the goods though...I had enough prizes for all the kids.

3 comments:

Rebecca E. said...

awww... so sweet! I miss your family so much! Levi is the sweetest ever! Even as a little baby when Ron and I were dating he just melted Ron's heart! I love you guys! Oh and by the way yes I definitley learned my lesson with my little joke with Ellie... never again, never again!:) Love you!

Us, the Gilson's said...

ok, just try looking at that last picture and try not to shake your own head trying to get off a non-existant cotton ball! LOL

Mary said...

what a cute game. i think santa may have also got some bakugans for my boys as well.