Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, David!

Yesterday, we were at Wal-Mart when Levi and Brigham whispered in my ears that they wanted to get something for Daddy. They wanted to surprise him. We walked past a display of New Years Eve decorations and noise makers when they decided they wanted to get the noise makers and have a surprise party for him. It was so cute that I couldn't say no! So we sent Daddy off to another part of the store while me and the older boys looked for cake stuff. We decided to make him a Snickers cake....doesn't our cake look yummy!?! I don't think you want to know all the germs that could possibly be on this cake with little Briggy stealing licks off his spoon every time he thought I wasn't looking! Since we had poppers we wanted all the older cousins to come to "surprise" him. They were all real cute trying to be all secretive while waiting for him to come in the house (of course, he knew all along).
Once again, I have to express how grateful I am for my family who willingly came at a last minutes notice. My grandparents and parents who gave us "date money" and movie gift certificates so that we could go on a date today (today is David's birthday and our anniversary). My Dad who is always serving, who told us pretty much right after singing happy birthday to David that we could leave as soon as we needed to go on our date and then started cleaning up the mess from the poppers without even being asked to. My Grandparents who volunteered to watch the boys and spoiled them with Dairy Queen. My family amazes me sometimes with what they are willing to do for each other. This is what I want my boys to learn from them.

No comments: