Sunday, July 1, 2018

Class of '96 parade!

This weekend our family was going to Jay to celebrate Chuck's 50th birthday.  Since we were already going to be there, Valerie wanted to get some friends together.  We met at Mom and Dad's house and the vocal level went up drastically!  I teased Mom and Dad that it must feel like when I was around 16 all over again.  This house was the "meeting place" and it was LOUD!  As Valerie said, as we were outside the house, "This was the home of our youth."
 We first went to the arts and crafts fair that was in town due to the Huckleberry Festival.  We ran into Sammi.  I hadn't seen her since high school.  I don't know, maybe I have ran into her some other time but I really think I hadn't seen her since school.  She was just as friendly as she always was back then.
 We then went back to Mom and Dad's house to pick up Laura's boys as well as Levi and Brigham.  We drove to Disney and ate at The Damn Grill where a friend of ours owns it.
Spring and John Houch joined us. 
 It is J.T.'s birthday on Monday so Jason (the owner) came out and brought him a sundae as we sang "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to him.
As it always does, these girls make me feel young again.  Before Laura got to Jay, I was riding with Val and Pounce.  We happened to drive into town just as the parade was ending so we kinda ended up in the back of the parade.  The girls always bring out the immaturity in me and I love it!  We rolled down the window, I started waving the "royalty wave" and yelled out the window, "Class of 96 right here!"  

These are the memories I hope I don't forget.

No comments: