Wednesday, July 4, 2018

The 3rd of July....A day of blessings

Yesterday felt like a day of blessings.
 Mom and I got to go over to Grandma's house, for her birthday, in the afternoon.  Grandma turned 77.  I hope she knows how much she is loved and NEEDED.  We all have our reasons to love someone.  There are obvious reasons, like being related to someone.  But then there are those reasons that are just between you and the person.  One reason, when I think of my Grandma, is that she can almost always sense when I am struggling emotionally...even at hundreds of miles away.  It never fails that I get a text or phone call on those dark days.
For dinner, Ronald, April and I went to Grove and ate at Okie Smokies BBQ.  It was hot and humid inside but amazingly enough, I did well.  I'm sure it was because I was with my siblings and having fun.  Afterwards, we just drove around and talked.  It is fun getting older with my siblings.  I love feeling close to them.
 AND this is the picture you get when your nasty brother burps on you!


I. Love. My. Niki.  I could just leave it at that because it is that obvious by our actions every time we get to be together.  She lives on the East coast and since we move around so much, Niki and I are rarely visiting Oklahoma at the same time.  So we really don't get to see each other very often.  It has been years since I have seen her in person.  

I haven't known Niki as long as some of my other friends but she is one my very dearest of friends.  We have a different connection than my other friends.  We have the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we have a true admiration for each other.  I just, plain and simple, love my Niki.

2 comments:

Niki Buchanan said...

Wow Alisa, you really know how to bring tears to my eyes. You have always been my most cherished friend but it means the world to me to read how much I mean to you. I've often wondered if there was room for me with the amount of amazing friends that you already have but I always tell myself, "of course there is, we've been sisters since our spirits were created!" You changed my life Alisa and Chris is the only other person in my life that I can say about. I love you more than you will ever know for time and all eternity!!!

Adams said...

Sisters since our spirits were created! I love that and believe it wholeheartedly. I truly do. I will always have room for you, my sweet friend.