Wednesday, July 4, 2018

The 4th of July 2018

Today has been a relaxing day.  Not a whole lot to do, for me, but making cards and indexing for the Church (temple work) on my computer.  It was nice.

At around 3 p.m. most of the family came over to Nanny and Poppy's house to have an early dinner.  
 Brigham saw this shirt at Wal-Mart a few months ago.  He immediately thought of Poppy (and his love for all things Americana) and wanted to get it.  So we waited until the 4th of July for Brigham to wear it.  But it was Nanny who ended up having a very similar shirt!  "I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my freedom!"
 Allie, Layne, and Eden all wore the same adorable dresses.
 Uncle Elton was the grownup in charge this year.  This was the first year that Dad sat back and let others take over.  I was proud of him for doing that.  I know he's loved being a part of lighting things in the past but he was ready this year to just watch.
Uncle Elton let the older boys and Shaylee light quite a few fireworks off.



 Levi stood in front of the smoke bombs and said, "I am Zeus!"
Eden did not like the loud noises so she had some noise canceling headphones on.  And she was pretty dang cute doing it!

No comments: