Thursday, June 28, 2018

I am grateful

A lot has changed in the last month.  Progress has been made on my part.  Most importantly, I'm off a medication that was mentally harmful and I'm actively seeing a therapist.  I'm not ready to openly talk about what the medication did to me or why I need therapy but I needed to express how grateful I am to be where I am today.

I am not good with change.  But there are times when change is desperately needed.  As much as I didn't want (and heaven knows how much the boys didn't want to) leave our comfortable Washington Terrace, well, we did.  Though we could see blessings almost immediately, it was still one of the hardest things we had to do as a family.  But as things got better for the boys, it didn't for me.

But here I am, 8 months later, and I can finally say that I am happy.  I know I am where I need to be and that the Lord has a plan for me.  For my family.  And I'm grateful.

No comments: