Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Dauphin Island, Alabama Day 2

On Monday, we spent the morning visiting the little gift shops on the Island.   We had a heck of a time trying to find somewhere to eat afterward because either the restaurants were closed on Mondays, they couldn't seat our large group, or you had to eat outside and it way to muggy to do that!  But when we finally did find a place, I sure was impressed with the fish!

After naps and dinner (Elton has been BBQ-ing most nights back at the rental house) April, Elton, and Shaylee took the younger kids to the pool while David and I went on a walk on the beach.

It was so incredibly relaxing just being with my husband.  As we were walking hand in hand down the coastline my memory went back to when I was living in Hawaii.  David and I had just started dating but he was back in Utah.  I remember dreaming of him coming to Hawaii and us walking those beaches together. 
 I wouldn't change it now because during that physical separation is when I really got to know David.  Letters and talking over the phone is one of the best ways to get to know someone, I believe.  We fell in love with each other during that long distance apart because there was no way we could physically get distracted with each other.  We truly got to know each other in the best way possible for us

 Walking this beach made me reflect on how grateful I am for a Father in Heaven who is aware of our needs and how those needs reflect our future.  I'm so grateful for His wisdom.

After we had been walking for a bit, April and Elton came down to the beach to join us (Shaylee was watching Ruger back at the house).  I'm so grateful that they asked us to take a vacation with them.  Spending so much time with another family can be hard if you don't mesh well.  But both our families are just loving all this laughter and bonding.


No comments: