Sunday, May 25, 2014

Out of the Mouths of Little Stinkers

Just thought I would document a few cute/comical things that have come out of the mouths of my little stinkers.

A neighbor friend of Hyrum's is allergic to peanuts.  One afternoon they were playing downstairs when Hyrum comes running up and lands in the bathroom (the opposite side of the house and upstairs).  I see that he is out of breath and is eating a granola bar as fast as he can.  Normally I would get onto him about eating in the bathroom but instead I asked, "What are you doing?" since it seemed so out of the ordinary.  He responds with, "I'm saving Jett's life!"  I tried my hardest not to laugh as Hyrum told me about how allergic Jett is to peanuts and seeds.  What a good friend to get as far away and as quickly as possible....more like, what a cutie!!

Today in sacrament meeting, our Bishop was sharing a few thoughts.  He was talking about how when he first got married he tried to show off for his wife by trying to do the same exercise routine she was doing.  Soon into the routine, he pulled something.  We all got a laugh out of it but honestly, I can't even remember what the point was because I was too focused on Hyrum's response to the Bishop saying, "She kicked my butt."  I laughed and so did Hyrum.  But then as if he just remembered that he isn't supposed to say that word, looks at me very seriously and says, "He should not have said that in church!" 

We were having asparagus with our dinner one night and as I have written before, the boys call it "asparagross."  I only make them eat one when I cook them but of course, they still complain.  Brigham says, "What's on these?"  I tell him that I put spices and butter on it.  Levi says, "Next time can you put cookie dough on it?"

In his dreams...


Brigham mowed our lawn for the first time.  I was so proud of him that I had to go get the camera.  Guess what his words were right as I was taking this picture?

"You should pay me for this!"

And I will end on Hyrum calling me old this morning.  He walked up to me pointing to his arm and asks, "What is this?"  I look at his smooth, perfectly colored arm with one itsy bitsy little dot on it.  I tell him it is a mole.  He looked a little concerned so I told him that is was ok and that I had them all over my arm.  He then asks, "Does that mean your old?"

Oh boy!  If that were true, I'm well into my hundreds!

No comments: