Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Yesterday we did our annual tradition of going to a cemetery (Memorial Gardens in South Ogden) to find graves of soldiers or babies that had no flowers on them.  

We ended up all putting our flowers on soldier's graves this time.


There were lots of clever ideas like this one to decorate the graves of their loved ones.


This is probably my favorite tradition of ours.  It is always so peaceful.  It puts into perspective all the many blessings that are in our lives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alicia I wanted to check your blog because I wanted to see what and where you went on Memorial day. I am so thankful for your example and for the mom that you are. I thought of going with you in Oklahoma and how awesome that was. I really want to begin that tradition in my family. (Maybe next year). I love and admire you. Hugs… oh and Rosie comes next week so call me and we can plan a day out together!!! FUN FUN.

Unknown said...

why did this show up as Sydney? Computers are so frustrating for this old lady. Its me Tricia Lee:):)