Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

Tomorrow is Mother's Day but the boys in my life gave me my gifts early and I LOVED them all!

 Brigham was in a bad mood and didn't want to be a part of the gift giving so that is why he is wasn't in the picture.  I guess that is what happens when you get in trouble for....well, that's besides the point.  Anyways, I loved it!  Levi made his gift for me at school.  Hyrum and Brigham came home with plants that they had been growing at school but Hyrum had to get me something else. It was so cute but heartbreaking at the same time.  Last week, I came in his classroom to volunteer when I saw Mrs. Ballingham showing some of her students a plant.  I said, "Oh, are you guys growing stuff?  How fun!"  Then Hyrum jumps up from his seat and yells, "It's for Mother's Day!"  He soon realized what he had done (spoiled the surprise) and just started crying and crying.  I really felt bad for him so I tried to calm him down by telling him that he could go with Daddy sometime to get me something else that would be a complete surprise to me.  In his hand in the picture is a small angel pin.  The apron I am wearing is from Daddy (or all of them :).  I have been wanting a girlie apron for a while now and I love this one!

Later, we took Hyrum for a ride on his new bike.  Well, it wasn't "new" actually.  Before we moved from Oklahoma a neighbor of ours gave Hyrum this bike but we hadn't gotten training wheels for it until now so today was his first time on it.  He didn't last long on it but it was still cute watching him try.




No comments: