Sunday, May 18, 2014

Camping

Friday night we went camping with our neighbors, the Yoder family.  It was so nice of them to not only invite us but to feed us some yummy camp food as well as provide a camping trailer.  That is my kind of camping!
We went about 45 minutes from our house, past Ogden canyon and found a beautiful spot in Weber County Memorial Park.
 This was right in front of our camp site.  Beautiful, right?!
I am extremely afraid of heights so I didn't make it very far up.  I was more than willing to come back down and take pictures...until I started seeing the kids getting closer and closer to the top and towards the edges.  It completely freaked me out and I had to turn away and just trust that David would be right beside them making sure they didn't get too close to the edges.
But then it was time to gather wood and set up camp.
 (Breyden and Brigham)
(Justin, Levi, Hyrum, Brigham, Jet, and Breyden)
 I say, who needs mules when we have David and Justin!
 Levi, David, and Brigham put up their tent...well, what was suppose to be their tent.  I ended up sleeping in that tent with David because the boys wanted to sleep together.  Originally I was going to sleep in the trailer but I felt bad because there were only 2 beds in the trailer and Jet and Hyrum really wanted to be together in there.  So I thought it only fair that Justin and Alisha get to stay in there.  I don't know how fair it turned out though because I actually slept great in that tent and Hyrum kept talking in his sleep and moaning in the trailer.  Poor Justin and Alisha!  They kept getting up thinking he was talking to them and had to go to the bathroom but he was really talking in his sleep!  It is funny the things you get used to because Hyrum sleeps in the room right next to David and I and honestly, I rarely hear him doing that in our house.
Alisha, Levi, Breyden and I fixed dinner.  It was the yummiest Hobo meal I have ever had.  I am used to hamburger meat, potatoes, and carrots with some salt and pepper stuffed in tin foil that we would put in the camp fire around the flames.  Alisha, however, had the supplies for the good stuff (chicken, steak, potatoes, carrots, mushroom, butter, and lots of seasoning!).
Later the kids played with glow in the dark bubbles and had more goodies like roasted marshmallows but with chocolate syrup on top.  Alisha totally spoiled us all!
Brigham literally spent hours on this log.  He just sawed, sawed, and sawed.  His energy still amazes me.
 Before we left the next day, everyone but me took one last hike up that neat rock formation.
 This was one of the beautiful scenes that we saw on our way home.

All in all I am really glad we went.  I hate camping.  I really do.  But this was enjoyable.  I loved watching the boys with their friends and just being boys.  I loved being with our friends that have been so good to us.  I loved watching Justin and Alisha watching over my children as much as they did their own.  I loved watching my husband's knowledge of the outdoors.  Just a great campout.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful country, So Fun! ")