Wednesday, May 1, 2013

4th Grade Firefighter Visit

Today the 4th graders at South/West Park Elementary got a spray down from the local firefighters.  They, of course, taught them of fire safety beforehand.  They had this small version of a house that had several levels to it.  The firefighters showed how easy it was for a fire to start at the bottom and then to spread all the way to the top.  It was a reminder to me just how dangerous fire really is.  I love going to these things because of different perspectives you get.  I was talking to a mom next to me who says that she has her younger children open the windows on their own every once in a while just to make sure they are strong enough to get them open in case she was not near during a fire (and that was their only way to escape).  I am grateful for moms who open up about things like that because I just got through making sure Hyrum knew how to open our windows as well as getting the screens out.
But I'm sure the 4th graders were more interested in this:
(the townhouses behind them is where we live)
 That is one happy boy!
I think I am going to have to pack up Levi's long sleeved shirts.  It is a little chilly in the morning so he almost always puts on a long sleeved shirt for school but within a few hours it is hot.  To make it worse, he is always wearing his pull over OU sweater/jacket.  I tell him when he gets inside that he should take off that jacket but he refuses.  I don't see how he can stand it but he insists he is not hot.  Crazy kid!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

We did this in Arizona. So much FUN!