Friday, May 17, 2013

Technology

I tend to stay away from new technology.  I guess I fear it.  I fear change, so if I am used to doing something manually and have the opportunity to learn a new way (with technology) well, I just don't want to.  It seems to take me forever to learn and I get frustrated with myself.  But even more so, I fear that if I rely too much on technology, I will forget how to do things manually.  Then what will I do (and my children because I never taught them how to do things without technology) when all these new gadgets are taken away from me (power outage, EMP, or financial crisis so where we cant afford our gadgets)?  

Just a little known fact about me.

But today I was grateful for my love of texting and the ease it brings.  I don't like talking on the phone so texting is perfect for me.  One of those things that I can't believe I waited so long to use.  I received a text from a friend in Utah that President Monson's wife had passed away this morning.  I got on my cell phone and started texting just about everyone on my list of contacts to tell them and ask for prayers of comfort for President Monson.  Very soon after, I heard beep after beep coming from my phone as most confirmed they got the message and that they would be praying.  It gave me such a wonderful feeling inside as I imagined President Monson having an amazing amount of peace at that moment.  I truly believe in the power of prayer.

Just a little cute thing this morning.  So, we have a neighbor boy that comes over every morning before school to get something to eat and play on the computer.  I know I probably shouldn't let them play before school but I do.  It's only for a few minutes so I don't feel too bad about it.  So, Dushan in on the computer, while the older boys are playing the PlayStation.  I got the text this morning and immediatly told the boys that they might want to pray for peace for President Monson.  I expected Dushan to ask who President Monson was but instead, he stopped his game right away, turned at me and said that he hopes that this man finds peace and a new wife soon.  It really was so sweet.  

And then I look over at my 2 older boys on the PlayStation who have stopped playing and are folding their arms in silent prayer.


But in case you want a laugh:


Hehehehehe!  This one has better sound quality.  ENJOY!


No comments: