Saturday, April 27, 2013

Asparagross Festival

I love asparagus.  I think it has a slight nutty taste and well, I just really like it.  Everyone else in the family hates it though.  I always make them eat at least one stalk of it when we have it but they still complain.  In fact, they don't even call it asparagus anymore.  One day Daddy called it aspara"gross" and of course it has stuck every since.  So when I heard that Stockton was having their Asparagus Festival I was excited to go!
Brigham was really whining about going until I told him there would be rides.  They were all surprised when I told them there would be asparagus ice cream also!
It was surprisingly good, actually.  There were little pieces of asparagus in it, but with the sugar it really wasn't that noticeable   They were real creative.  There were asparagus shortcakes, burritos, sandwiches, and pasta.  Really expensive though, so we just stuck with the ice cream and I tried the fried asparagus.  I'll stick with my homemade, slightly cooked, asparagus in butter and seasoning though.
It was really hot so we were often stopping to drink water.  Some of the boys still backwash though, so I always poor it in their mouths when we are sharing water bottles.  David took this picture with his phone and later said I was "Momma Birding" them water.  Cute :)

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

You know, My Sister lives in Stockton") You'll have to hook up sometime...