Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Still Learning

This is our family journal/blog.  I print this out for my future generations to see how we live our lives right now...in hopes that I can be of some kind of reassurance that nothing in life really stays the same and that it is ok.  Yes, it is ok to doubt things.  To know something one minute just to turn around a year or so later and completely be blind sighted with something that makes you doubt all that you thought you knew before.

My life experiences have shown me that these wavering moments are Heavenly Father's way of letting me know that He trusts me.  He loves me.  And He is going to wait till I learn yet another new lesson in life.  I was reminded of that in General Conference when Elder Holland said,

"When problems come and questions arise, do not start your quest for faith by saying how much you do not have, leading as it were with your “unbelief.” That is like trying to stuff a turkey through the beak! Let me be clear on this point: I am not asking you to pretend to faith you do not have. I am asking you to be true to the faith you do have. Sometimes we act as if an honest declaration of doubt is a higher manifestation of moral courage than is an honest declaration of faith. It is not! So let us all remember the clear message of this scriptural account: Be as candid about your questions as you need to be; life is full of them on one subject or another. But if you and your family want to be healed, don’t let those questions stand in the way of faith working its miracle."

I truly love that man.  I met him about 13 or so years ago at a restaurant.  He and his wife were so tender in their honest desire to know that the youth of the church is doing ok.  I will always love him for that acknowledgement.   It may be why I perk up at every General Conference that he gets up to speak at.
So...
on to my newest learning experiences.  My body!  When its not 12:40 in the morning, I will go into more detail :) I started this post the way I did because I really hesitated whether I was going to put these future posts on here or not.  I was contacted by another blogger about trying some products and then reviewing them on my blog.  I hesitated because this blog is about me and my family, not products.  But then I was inspired by my past experiences with life changes.  So, I am happily going to be keeping tract of a few things to hopefully help anyone in my family who may have similar health struggles in the future.  

So here I go.  Time for some more learning and having faith that it will all make sense in due time!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

oh Alisa I love the way you write and I love how well you express those "raw" feelings and emotions. That is what makes you "Real"... I am so excited to hear about this. I also loved Elder Hollands talk. It was my favorite, well one of my many favorites:) I love that he explained that faith starts with believing and not always just knowing. So true!!! I love and MISS YOU:(
KEEP THE FAITH!!!