Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sunshine Packages

We have received many packages from my parents and grandparents over the years, as well as letters from Grandma Helen to the boys with pieces of gum for them.  The boys get so excited when these things come in the mail.
Grandma (MeMaw) recently has been dealing with a lot of health issues that have included surgery and hospital stays so I thought it would be really nice if the they were the ones receiving packages this time :)  But then I started thinking about how fun it would be for the boys to sent packages to their grandparents as well.  
So that is what we did for FHE tonight.  I wrote down some of the things they said about their grandparents.
Levi:  Nanny is "so sweet and kindful."  
Brigham:  Poppy "always falls asleep when we are watching shows (late at night during Nanny/Poppy nights) and he looks funny!"  This was followed by laughter as all the boys acted like Poppy with his eyes closed, mouth opened and snoring :)
Levi:  Liked how Grandpa Adams "let us eat at his house and let us have pop and pizza."
Brigham:  Liked how Grandma Adams "gave us sour candy."
Hyrum:  Loves how Grandma (Helen) takes him to the park and sleeps with him when she visits.

So we put together "Sunshine Packages" to send to them.  It is full of things that are yellow like the sun...so we could send our California sunshine their way.
But my favorite was sending the ones to MeMaw and Poppy because if anyone needs some sunshine, it is them.  I hate being sick and I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is to be sick as well as going to and from doctors so much.
Hyrum:  For MeMaw - "I LOVE her!"
Brigham:  Poppy is "always bald!"  After the laughter died down he said that he liked how he always gave him popsicles.
Are we seeing a pattern for Brigham?  Yes, always silly and revolves around food!
We always have some kind of a treat after FHE and so this time I let them make their own pop.
They really liked this!  NuNaturals sent me chocolate, vanilla, lemon, peppermint, and orange liquid NuStevia.  I had bought sparkling mineral water to try to curb my pop addiction.  I tried the chocolate and vanilla in it but sadly I didn't like it.  I just love my Dr. Pepper too much!  But the boys had a great time tonight mixing up their concoctions.  No surprise that Brigham loved it at first but then got sick as he put WAY too much in his mineral water.  Geez...
So far, there was a smoothie that they didn't care for with the NuNaturals but they loved the coconut french toast (it was seriously yummy!).  I am a fan of a chia seed pudding that I made.  I have found that if I don't put too much of the NuNatural Stevia in it that I like it a lot better.  It has an after taste if I put too much and I am picky about that.  Again, it is really nice to have these alternatives to sugar.

4 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Sunshine Packages, How Sweet ")They will love it...

Char said...

What a fun FHE! Have you heard of SodaStream? It carbonates your water. You can squeeze fruit juice into the carbonated water to flavor it. They also make flavors you can buy to make it more like pop.

chuck said...

looks like fun time 4 fhe

Tricia said...

I want to be in your family!