Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunt Linda!

Aunt Linda, Dad's sister, lives in Washington but is staying with Mom and Dad for about a week. Aunt Linda and Dad's sister, Michelle Willingham (Mickie), died last week. She had a heart attack and was on life support for a few days before she passed away. As they always are, death and funerals are something no one wants to attend or be a part of but if there is anything positive you can find out of them is that of family gathering. Aunt Linda flew into Oklahoma to travel with Dad and Mom to Georgia for Mickie's funeral.
Unfortunately for Aunt Linda, Mickie's funeral was on her birthday. So we really wanted to do something for Aunt Linda while she was here with us to make her birthday a somewhat happy one. She thought she was coming over to April's house to come over and swim, which she did, but really we just wanted to celebrate her birthday. Isn't she pretty? Some people get prettier with age. Not many of us do but I have to say that I really think that Aunt Linda looks prettier now than the last time I saw her over 13 years ago.
Some of the things I remember about Aunt Linda:
-My family always told me that I had "aunt Linda's nose" growing up.
-That I always thought that Aunt Linda had a very distinct voice and I still do. If she was to call me in 10 years from now and I hadn't talked to her in those 10 years, I would instantly know it was her before she told me who she was.
-That she puts up with Dad! My Dad is very much a kid at heart and just like he does with us kids, he loves to pick on her. She just yells, "Ronald!" but he always goes back to picking on her which tells me that he knows she can take it and that they have that type of relationship that he could do that with her and enjoy it.
And probably the strongest memory is how much she likes Oklahoma. I remember wishing that her, Ray, and the girls would move out by us, when I was growing up. For some reason she seems to like all this heat and our redneck way of life.
Happy 47th birthday Aunt Linda!

2 comments:

Apeeee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apeeee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT LINDA!!! I love you very much!!!