Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday, Dad!

I have a very young Dad. He was only 17 when I was born. All my life I have heard things like, "That's your Dad?! He's so young!" Even so, I still can't believe that my Dad turned 50 today. We really wanted this day to be special for him so we planned a surprise birthday party for him at El Vallarta in Jay. He thought he was having a daddy/daughter date with April but instead he had all of us waiting on him. There were 2 tables and 3 booths full of people, black balloons, presents and a cake. One of the things El Vallarta is known for is birthdays. They always bring out sopapillas, Mexican hats, and end up smearing your face with whipped cream after singing Happy Birthday to you.

One of the best parts was Logan crying after Poppy got creamed....and Hyrum thinking up of ways to eat Poppy's face!

Poppy got a kick out of Hyrum licking his face!I hope you know how much we love you, Poppy-Dad!

3 comments:

Jolayne said...

CUTE!!! Happy Birthday Brother Beck!!!

Mary said...

I have never seen your dad and he is young and super young looking. And good looking too and you look so much like him, which means that yes as I have always said you are super good looking too. Love andmiss you.

Apeeee said...

Awww! These turned out sooo good! I LOVE YOU DAD!!!