Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 69th Birthday, Grandma!

Today is my Grandma Thatcher's birthday. Today was also the night of the Grove City Fireworks for the 4th of July. So when Spring Houck invited our family to come and sit with her family a few days ago, I thought what a perfect way to surprise Grandma with some attention! The majority of my family was there along with the Wilson and Houck families and the missionaries. In all we had 30 people there which made it all the funner. Here is April trying to get Grandma's cake out to her without the wind blowing out the candles. I think she made it just in time!
The is the gift from her great grandbabies. It is a "MeMaw's treasure box." Inside were chocolate goodies and notes from each of her great grandchildren.
I love this picture! I love it when you can capture a picture in the middle of a laugh! April, Morgan, Amanda, and I were kinda doing this chain line of getting the cake out to everyone. We got down to the very end and I guess Morgan and April got up at the same time, the cake wasn't balanced anymore and well, you can see the outcome! I think they both felt bad at first but I just laughed and thought it was so funny and a perfect moment for a picture! Before we knew it, I think everyone got a big kick out of it.

While we were waiting for the fireworks to start some of us walked over to where the firefighters were passing out free watermelon. Can you believe some of the slices they were handing out?! And I couldn't pass up a staged picture of the kiddos spitting out their seeds at me.
I didn't even try to attempt to get any pictures of the actual fireworks. It was nice just to sit back, watch, and not worry about getting the perfect picture.

1 comment:

Apeeee said...

Morgan looks so pretty in this picture! She looks alot like her Mommy! What a fun day! Oh, and I think I was finding frosting on me, the bowl, my shoes, my car, etc...for days after! Still worth the laugh though!