Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, Brigham!

Brigham has been anxiously awaiting this day; asking daily of how many more days until his birthday. I know that is probably just about how any child acts but its just so fun watching YOUR CHILD get excited about a day that is all him.
We started his party off with a Slip n Slide that Nanny and Poppy got for the party. Huge hit, of course! But as I turned on my camera to start taking pictures, this is the first shot that I get. Yes, even my camera hates the humidity here! I have walked outside and looked up in the direction of the street lights and have been able to see the water in the air. There are times that I have had to use the wind shied wipers because of the water that has built up on the windshield from the humidity in the air. Oh....will I ever get used to this? Anyways, back to the birthday boy!





I love this picture so much. Just before this picture was taken, he had just gotten over his second big cry of the night. First was a water balloon ambush that Daddy had asked him about earlier today as we were filling up the balloons. Daddy had mentioned everyone throwing water balloons at the birthday boy at the same time and I mentioned that it could be in place of the birthday spankings that some people do on birthdays. He got a big smile and said he wanted to do that. So I thought I would surprise him tonight and act like I was taking special birthday pictures of him all the while his cousins are coming up behind him ready to pelt him with water balloons. Yeah, mommy didn't think ahead to tell them to throw them at his feet. I couldn't even post the picture because it still makes me sad! It really hurt him and to top it off it happened in front of everyone. I really felt terrible for him. He soon got it together so we decided to bring out the birthday cake. But all it took was for Levi to talk too loud in his ear to set Brigham off into tears again. I think I love this pictures so much because you can still see the emotion in his eyes even though he is trying to "keep it together."
As usual, Nanny made an amazing cake. I make cakes but I do not decorate so birthdays have always consisted of buying cool character cakes at Wal-Mart or Target. Thank goodness for Nanny because they get the best birthday cakes ever now that we are here!
He was so stinkin' cute with opening his presents! He honestly was excited about every single one of them.
I had to put this one on because it is just funny to me. The Moore family got him other things but they added some food to his gift bag....to feed his tape worm! No, he doesn't really have a tape worm but we tease him about it all the time because he is ALWAYS hungry! We have lovingly named his "tape worm" T-Rex! So it was fitting that tape worm would get a few presents also!
At this point the Wilson family had arrived and it was time to break out the water balloons (minus the ambush of a certain birthday boy!). As you can see it was just the kids throwing the water balloons at every one's feet (and yes, that is Levi attacking the camera woman!) until....
....the grownups got involved!
Daddy made the mistake of showing Levi this trick!
I love you so much Brigham. I do. I love how you teach me to see the literal things in life. I love those sparkling blue eyes of yours. I love how you defend people. Yes, I even love your hyperness....it makes for a lot of laughs at times. And I love all your one liners! You just might be too smart for your own good!

1 comment:

Apeeee said...

Awww, I love you too Brigham!!! I love how he sees life, I love how much he loves everyone, I love how happy he is all the time (well, I'm sure you could disagree, Alisa since you're his mom and all!), I love love LOVE his REAL laugh! I say real laugh because I don't love his loud, hyper, crazy laugh so much. But when her laughs, really laughs at something that may not even be so funny he acutally brings tears to my eyes sometimes! Its a reminder to me that we as adults take life a little too seriously and need to laugh alot more! Happy birthday Briggy! I love you!!!