Saturday, April 22, 2023

Making Cards

Ruger got suspended from school, for 2 days, last week.  We took away electronics and so he had time on his hands to do new things.  I was making cards when he asked me if he could make cards for Nanny, Poppy, Uncle Chuck, and Grandpa.  Well, of course you can, bud!
He was doing most of it on his own and only asking for help every once in a while when I noticed him distressing the edge of the cards with ink.  How in the world would he know to do that...unless he had been watching me.  I smiled, a little proud.  But it also was a reminder that he is watching all the time.  How many times have I been a bad example and he followed suit?  How many times have I been Christlike and he decided to be better instead of making a mistake?  And how many times has he taken on little quirks, here and there, that I do or say?  Who knows but it opened my eyes.
He didn't want me taking pictures of him so I had to steal them when I could.  Here he is saying, "Mom, stop taking pictures of me!"  Now, what was that I was just saying about being a good example??  Ok, maybe I should listen to him and stop taking pictures...after I journal about it, of course ;)

 

No comments: