Friday, April 14, 2023

Island Park, Idaho

After we did all the graduation stuff in Rexburg, we headed on up to Island Park, Idaho.  It is only about a half hour from Yellowstone National Park, so you can just imagine how beautiful and peaceful it is in this area.  When I dreamed up this idea of us having a family vacation after the graduation, I envisioned a day trip to Yellowstone with another day filled with visiting old hiking paths and the Mesa Falls.  Yeah, none of that happened.  With a record setting year of snow in this area, it was impossible to even get into some of those desired areas.
When we pulled into the drive of our rented cabin, my jaw dropped!
I knew the snow would be deep, but I didn't expect the layers!  And then to see our back door once inside!
I should have taken more pictures of the inside of the cabin.  It was perfect for our needs and honestly, spoiled us a little!
Here Hyrum is showing off his and Nanny's work on his walking stick.
I love, love, LOVE this picture of my men/boys!

We rented a couple of snowmobiles.  There may have been a few "accidents" but the boys really enjoyed it, especially David and Levi.


Brigham's cat, Neve, died about a month ago.  Her name means "snow" in Portuguese.  Brigham and I thought it fitting that we take her ashes somewhere beautiful with snow all around.  The Snake River provided the perfect feeling and scenery that day for Brigham and Neve to say their goodbyes.

No comments: