Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Graduation Party


 Cami put together a little graduation party together for me last Saturday.  It was a couple of hours of just talking and eating yummy food together.  We all live just within blocks of each other.  It's easy to get together during the summer as we hike and swim together.  But we have to put more effort, during the winter, in things like having lunch together to make sure everyone is ok.  This party felt good to have just another reason to check up and realize just how much we have in common or are going through.  These women can sometimes make it to our get togethers and sometimes not.  While others, not in the picture, come and our community feels connected.

As for graduating, I'm loving it.  I'm so grateful for my education, especially for where I received it.  But it was time to be over.  When I first went back to school, I was all about consuming knowledge.  By my last semester, though, I was still gaining knowledge but at a much less enthusiastic state of mind.  It was time to be done.  I thought it was just because I was warn out of education.  But after noticing some things these last few, almost 2, weeks I have come to realize that I was just warn out of not fullying being in my usual everyday life happenings.  I am finding myself cudddling with Ruger more and truly likeing it.  Like, cuddling with him while watching a movie and not worrying about a paper I should be writing.  And he notices too.  He's cuddling back and giving kisses!  And that is just one example.  I just feel more present.  And present in a way that is enjoyable.  I just feel very much like I am where I am supposed to be right now.

No comments: