Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What does your flu shot smell like?

Last month we all got our flu shots.  The last 2 years we have gotten them at Maceys (grocery store) because they have cheap, huge ice cream cones to bribe the boys with.

Though they were not excited, they all said it didn't hurt as bad as they thought it would.  Hyrum really had nothing to complain about, though.  He got the nasal one so no shots for him.
 
A few days ago I was checking the temperature of a boy that was staying with us.  After using the thermometer, I wiped it down with an alcohol swab.  I accidentally left it next to the couch on the book shelf.  Later, Levi sits on the couch and asks me. "Why does it smell like flu shots in here?"

Um, what?  I told him that I didn't know flu shots had a smell.  Then it hit me that he was associating the alcohol smell with the shots.  It is funny what our mind holds on to.  Levi was probably the most scared to get the shot and so he remembers almost every detail of it, even when the pharmacist rubbed alcohol on his arm before the shot.

Who would have ever thought that flu shots had a smell to them? 

No comments: