Thursday, October 23, 2014

Running Out of Time

Sunday night I had a dream.  I can't remember most of it but something very clear was still in my mind when I woke up.

I'm running out of time.

I have no idea what it means.  Well, I guess I have ideas but that is all it is.  It may not mean anything at all.  But almost instantly I knew what I wanted to do with it.  I want to believe it meant that I'm running out of time with my children because they are growing up so fast.  So...

 Each day this week, I secretly checked each one out of school for lunch.
 There were 2 rules.
1.  You can't tell your brothers about it, so they can be surprised when it is their turn.  2.  You get to pick the place and get whatever you want.


Yesterday was the last day that I did it.  And wouldn't you know that today as I was volunteering at the school, I watched as a little girl was being pulled out of her class to be told that her mother had just died.  As heartbreaking as that was, I was so grateful to wittness it.  Life is short for all of us.  

Use it with love.

No comments: