Monday, October 20, 2014

Beus Pond Park Hike

For Family Home Evening tonight I wanted us to go on a hike.  We were pretty bad about going on hikes this summer.  With the leaves changing colors, I just couldn't pass this up.

It's hard to get these boys to take a serious picture.
I wanted to get a picture of just Levi and David because of the above picture of the rest of us.  But do you think Brigham could handle that?
That kid is in LOVE with his Dad!
Along the hike David found all these dead trees with a huge hole inside.
It was, of course, an ideal spot for them to climb.
 When I first told the boys we were hiking tonight, Hyrum was not happy about it.  He was just about in tears as he told me he was scared.  I told him that we wouldn't go anywhere on the trails that he didn't feel comfortable with.  He then told me that it was ok to go in the middle of the mountain.  Just not the top.  Oh trust me, Hyrum.  Mommy would never go to the top of any mountain.  She is way to afraid of heights for that!
So watching David guide Hyrum along the very steep parts melted my heart.  He was so patient with Hyrum...and then Levi slid down the trail!  I know David wants me to let them "be boys" but my heart stopped for a second as I watched this scene!  But as you can see, Levi thought it was fun.  Which lead to a perfect picture...
All that very dry dirt made for such a beautiful picture.  And I'm proud to say that it was the boys who noticed this and wanted me to take a picture.


No comments: