Saturday, January 26, 2013

Still Saying Goodbye!

So today was a very busy day for our family.  We had to get things in order to get our van registered before we left, which led to it not passing safety and emissions test...blah, blah, blah...there will be a new car in our future.  Life really is about one thing happening after another, isn't it?!
But before all that craziness, I met Christine in Farmington to get pedicures.  She wanted us to do this for my birthday but since I won't be here in March she treated me to an AmAzInG relaxing morning.

After our heavenly pedicures (I'm a sucker for anyone rubbing my feet), she took us to get gelato.  I had never had this Italian version of ice cream before, well, mainly because I'm not a huge ice cream fan.  But wow, this stuff is so creamy.  I was just going to put the above picture of Christine's cute feet on here but then she made this adorable face and it had to go on the blog!
 Then came the craziness of the car situation but we were able to break away to have dinner with the Brennan family.  David and I always just laugh and really enjoy the time we get with Ben (Bin) and Laurel but I always really get a kick out of the boys playing with their 3 girls.  
Brigham was groaning about there only going to be girls at this gathering tonight but just as always, we ended up finding him playing with them in the end.  
Dora (I'll never call her by her first name :) and Hyrum loved play fighting most of the night.
So, another fun filled day with old friends.  Looking forward to our future in California but excited for the day we return to see all our dear friends again.

Tomorrow David will be with his best friend growing up.  He passed away September of 2011 and so he is going to visit Jered's mother (David's second mother, growing up) and return home with some of his ashes.  I imagine he longs even more for the day when he will get to see Jered again.  What a reunion that will be.


No comments: