Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Old Friends

I got to spend a few hours with an old friend today :)
I met Kyla Bodily and her family in Rexburg, Idaho.  Our families lived in the same apartment complex, went to the same family ward, both had one child, and both our husbands were in school...needless to say, we became quick friends!  I spent many a walks with her and our little ones as we got to know each other better and better.  She was such a good example to me of a patient mother, wife, and love of life.

Her husband eventually graduated and they left for dental school but 9 years later, we met up at Sage's Cafe, in Salt Lake City for lunch.  Ever since moving here and changing my eating habits, I have wanted to try an organic vegetarian restaurant.  I got my wish today and it was AMAZING!  Seriously, I want another pesto sandwich right now!

Anyways, I was reminded today at lunch just why I loved Kyla so much.  She is still an inspiration to me of a dedicated mother.  Without going into details, she deserves all the admiration I am giving to her and I am truly grateful she shared her life with me today as I was reminded that we all have our trials.  No one is picked on.  

We all suffer.  We all learn.  We all witness blessings.  And we all will go through them over and over no matter how much we think we are done with this ever-going circle in life.

And you know what?  That's ok.  It just makes those blessings (when they finally come around) all the more sweeter.

No comments: