Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday, Hyrum!

Hyrum turned 5 today.  I am so grateful he is such a small boy.  I love that he seems so much younger than he actually is.  I want him to stay "Bitty."  I am grateful we live in a place that Kindergarten is only a few hours long because I get to keep him all to myself just a little bit longer.

Tonight he had a Luigi party with the Adams and Wilson Families, well, and Katie of course :)
We played pin the mustache on Hyrum/Luigi.  
After being spun around a few times, most found it hard to get the target.
However, Brynlee is my kind of girl and cheated!  Just like I informed her Dad, Shannon, tonight:
"It isn't cheating if you let people know you are doing it!"
I used that line many times growing up while cheating on games with my sister, April!
I love how it is almost just as fun for the rest of the kids to watch someone else open up gifts :)
I found this cake topper on E-Bay where they specalized it for me with a picture of Hyrum on it.  Brigham was a little jealous that he didn't get one for his birthday even though I went out of my way to find him all kinds of "hamburger" stuff for his party....sometimes I wonder if he has any clue just how much I do for him.

We got Hyrum this shirt and slippers for his birthday and I wanted to take a picture of him in it but he informed me that this was not the cool way....
.....and that this was!
I had, had a rough day today with the kids and honestly, I was not looking forward to this party.  But I sure do appreciate those people that I only have to be around for a few minutes and my attitude changes.  It really was a good night after all :)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I too have to ask myself that question "Do they ever see what we do DO for them"... Your such a great momma! I would have never known you had a rough day. You hid it well missy. It was the cutest party and so fitting for Hyrum:) Preston had to tell Morgan all about it!