Monday, July 30, 2012

Hang Time

There is a warehouse type building in Orem that is full of "extreme trampolines."  You pay by the hour, which seemed a little much until we got there.  I don't see how anyone could stay more than one hour at Hang Time after constantly jumping over and over....or trying to get yourself out of a foam pit!  Talk about a workout!

I took the boys here on Saturday because we were going down to Provo that day to pick up Amanda Roberts from BYU.  She spent the weekend with us and I was grateful.
She was good about going after Hyrum in the pits so I could take pictures. I didn't even have to ask; she just did it!  
 It was fun to watch people "try" to play basketball while jumping on the trampolines.  Hyrum just used it for a slide :)
I think this might have been the world's best game of dodge ball. 

That night Amanda watched our boys while David and I went to dinner, the temple, and ice cream.  That was an amazing treat for us!  When we get babysitters, we never do that much because I worry about taking to much time.  But I knew Amanda was spending the night with us and I completely trust her with the boys.  It really was such a blessing.
We got back that night and Amanda almost immediately shows me some pictures that she took of her and the boys while babysitting.  She was so cute in wanting to put them on Facebook.  This got me to thinking.  How many times do we put pictures or things on Facebook or Blogs or whatever because of people that you know have accounts with these things?  It can become as if we are trying to impress those people and end up leaving out the ones that you know won't be looking at these web sites.  Yet, some of those that are most important to us may be the ones who are left out.  Here was Amanda who knew that I didn't have a Facebook account and David who never gets on his account (hence him not even adding Amanda to his friends list) yet still puts on her facebook account something that was important to her.  She knew we would never see it but from previous comments (and quite a bit, I might add) I knew she was so very grateful for us coming and getting her for the weekend.  I don't know.  This is just me blabbing but it made me stop and think and really appreciate her sincerity.  And just so I make myself clear, I have been guilty of what I was describing at the beginning of this paragraph.  That girl taught me something this weekend.
To add to a wonderful weekend, church was amazing on Sunday.  I hate to admit it but there are plenty of Sunday's that go by and I barely feel the spirit in Sacrament meeting.  It is so hard to really concentrate on what is being taught when you are wrangling in children.  But on Sunday the boys were amazingly calm and the speakers were powerful.  They spoke of forgiveness, both of giving and receiving.  I am so grateful for Sundays like these and the reminders that it is worth coming even if you wonder if you or your children are getting anything out of it :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

We were so close to be at the same time and place considering, but not quite. We were in Utah at jump on it on July 26th.