Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brothers

Sometimes I just love having boys. They are so easy in some ways.

I guess this picture doesn't really have anything to do with that last statement. I just feel really grateful today for a lot of things.

One thing I am grateful for is how much Levi loves Hyrum. Hyrum has no clue just how much Levi loves him and sometimes I wonder if he ever will because who knows if they will grow out of this stage or not. I hope not. I wanted Hyrum's name to be this because of Hyrum Smith. Hyrum Smith was the ultimate brother in my eyes. He loved his brother, Joseph, so much that he went with him to the Carthage jail and was soon after killed because of this decision. But roles are reversed in our household because Levi would do anything for Hyrum! He really would. It's kind of funny. I really wanted Levi's name to be Joseph.....kind of fitting. Last night, we put Hyrum down for bed. He cried and so Levi went in to comfort him because as Levi said, "He says he's scared." No kid wants to go to sleep at bedtime and Levi is no different than any other kid.....but for his brother he would and he did it without complaining or me even asking him to.

Later, Daddy found the boys like this.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

What a great post. Your boys are all so sweet. There is something so special about your Levi. He truly is such a "GOOD BOY"!

Amanda said...

Oh my GOODNESS! That is sooo sweet! Your boys are SO cute! Thanks for hanging out today! I always look forward to getting together!

The Bass Family Pond said...

Such a SWEET picture! Sweet to know that families are Forever and their Sweet love will be Forever. So Precious...

Ruth said...

What a great picture! Our boy is home and we are enjoying him. His brother is pretty happy to have someone to wrestle with. Dylan had him on the ground before he even went in the house and he was still in his suit. Good Times. Enjoy your boys they grow up to be men way too fast.
Ruth