Saturday, May 21, 2011

2011 JAKES Event

Today was the annual JAKES (Juniors Acquiring Knowledge, Ethics, and Sportsmanship) event out in the beautiful country just outside of Grove. This was our first time going but they do this every summer to excite kids about the outdoors. You wouldn't believe how many people show up for this and if it wasn't for my kids, there is no way I would have waited in those lines!

I am not a real outdoorsy person but I do want my boys to be exposed and honestly, I want to know more about nature because you never know when you are going to have to use it.

This event put kids into small groups, with the appropriate age, and they get to do all kinds of things. We didn't last the whole time because we needed to get Hyrum back for a nap but here are the favorites. Brigham caught 2 fish.
Levi caught 5 fish, one of them being a catfish. Needless to say, this was his favorite!


This was Hyrum's first time fishing and he caught 2! He was soooooooooooo cute about it. When we left this post to move onto the next, he would not stop doing the "reeling in" motion. When he got bored with the other stations, he would say, "Want fish....."

Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my boys for catching so many fish in less than 20 minutes but I do have to say that this pond was full of HUNGRY fish! Everyone caught fish and I am not exaggerating when I say that I watched as these kids cast out their bait and within seconds, they had caught a fish!


This was Brigham's favorite. It is so fun watching little kids doing big boy stuff.

No comments: