Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Count your blessings

I felt comfortable today in letting the kids go to their last day of school since the storms are not suppose to hit until tonight. I thought this would be the perfect time to go driving and see the damage. How anyone can survive force like this is a miracle to me.
This travel trailer is over what used to be my friend's, Marlana, business. She said that she was there just hours before the tornado ripped it apart.



She amazed me today as she spoke of how the Lord wouldn't give her more than she could handle. She has been through so much lately. She just lost her grandma, she is going through a nasty separation, moved back in with her mom, and now this. The faith of some people just amaze me.

2 comments:

brittany doll said...

Are you guys ok? I can't imagine living on edge like that with the unstable weather all around. I love you and hope you are staying safe. XOXO Britt

Ruth said...

We have thought about you guys a lot this past week or so and are glad to know all is well with your family! We are also glad that our boy is home safe and sound with us. He told me just last night how he watched Vegi-Tales with Hyrum and what a great family you were. We will always have a soft spot for you guys and if you ever make it out to Washington we will take care of you for a change.
Ruth