Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blue and Gold Banquet

Since the church is now starting scouts at age 8, Levi has moved from the community troop to the Church's group. Levi's old den leader really stepped up last year after his first den leader couldn't do it anymore but for what ever reasons this year, it has been kind of sad. The meetings were canceled the majority of the time. I always told the boys, though, when entering Cub Scouts that it would be up to them if they transferred over into the church's den. The Cub Scout program is such a wonderful program that I don't care if it is through the church or not and honestly, I'm not sure if Brigham will transfer next year or not. He is growing up with these boys and his leader is AMAZING!


This is one of the many wonderful creations (with the help of the boys, of course) that she has come up with for the boys to do......and it won first place tonight at the Blue and Gold Banquet! It is hard to see but the astronaut there is a tiger cub! Each boy got to make their own planet and Levi got to help. This is another reason I love Melissa (den leader) and Brandy (assistant) so much. Before the church announced that they were starting the cub scout program at age 8 (before they didn't start until Webelos), I felt really bad for Levi. Brigham would go to his meetings and they were so organized and always had multiple things to do. But week after week, Levi's would be canceled. I was so impressed that Brandy and Melissa never minded that Levi tagged along. Actually, I am feeling really blessed right now as I am writing this. Amanda Bishop is the Cub Scout leader at the church (or as the boys call her, ADM -awesome den mother-) and she too always lets Brigham tag along and even Hyrum sometimes!


Have I mentioned how grateful I am for the Cub Scout program?!

No comments: