Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Silly, silly girls

My dear friend, Marie Brown, was in Oklahoma visiting her family this week. She lives in New Mexico with her husband and adorable daughter so her coming to visit was something I had been really looking forward to. Marie goes in the same category as April does....can make me laugh at just about anything. April has made me laugh for as long as I can remember....well, except for those childhood days when I'm sure we annoyed each other. I went to church with Marie, growing up but we actually were never close until college. Funny how things work sometimes. She was actually closer in age to my other sisters and I was closer to her sister, Amy. I remember going to church functions with Amy; not Marie. And being in Amy's wedding. Then Marie's other sister, Spring, moved in with her family my senior year in high school. I think I only had one class with Spring but still, even after knowing Marie from church for all those years, I probably knew Spring better by the time I graduated high school than I did Marie. But college came along and in my last year at Ricks, Marie was coming out for her first year. We became roommates and I soon learned just how much fun this girl was. It kinda makes me sad that I didn't really know Marie all those years before. Marie was my pranking buddy in college, my sanity when I moved home after college (when she was home for summer break) and my constant companion in Hawaii for a summer. I love you so much, Marie.Here is Marie, me, Amanda, Spring, Allie, and April taking our normal crazy pictures!
It's a wonder our husbands want us to be anywhere near each other!

2 comments:

Apeeee said...

Allie is like, "Ummm...Mom? What are you doing and are these really the matriarchal foot steps I have to follow?"

Char said...

Some things never change....